Sunday, October 4, 2009

First hurdle, and the inventiveness of weavers (and husbands)

So - I started winding my warp this morning. Since I am mixing a bunch of left over yarn, I am winding four strands at a time unto my warping wheel. I have the cones on a cone stand, so the yarn is being pulled from the top. Let the tangling frustrations begin! I need a cone rack so I can pull from the sides. Very creative husband has already made me a narrow table for the tools I need to wind pirns, and make skeins into balls. So - off to the local Ace Hardware to get dowels and hardware to add a spool rack feature. When we got home he made the modifications in a few minutes. Handy husbands are very handy!

One of the fun aspects of weaving is the inventiveness of weavers. There are lots of tools you can buy, but also lots of things you can put together on your own. Hardware and office supply stores offer never ending possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment